Habitat for Humanity Victoria is looking for Customer Service Volunteers at their Uptown ReStore.
Habitat for Humanity envisions a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. They mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting home ownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
The ReStore Customer Service Volunteer will greet and assist customers in the ReStore. This is a secondhand store that sells housewares and building/construction supplies. They will ensure excellent customer service. In this position volunteers may assist customers and help to inform both customers and donors about the mission of Habitat for Humanity. Volunteers will receive direction from Habitat Victoria staff.
- Greet customers as they enter the store
- Direct customers and help them find what they are looking for
- Assist staff with setting up displays
- Provide help with general housekeeping tasks
- Assist in loading and unloading merchandise from customer’s vehicles and ReStore vehicles
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse receiving bay and sales floor
- Keep shelves stocked and neat
- Other tasks as directed by Habitat ReStore Staff
For more opportunities, or more information, please contact Jenessa Noviello at 250-480-7688 ext. 106 or visit their website.
Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan’s Victoria Chapter is looking for volunteers. They use the skills and interests of the volunteers to decide what their focus will be.
W4W in Afghanistan is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1998 to advance education and educational opportunities for Afghan women and their families and to educate Canadians about human rights in Afghanistan.
The average time commitment is four hours per month but can be variable. They usually do 3-4 events per year.
The Global Village Store is a non-profit, volunteer-operated gift shop selling beautiful hand-made crafts, teas and coffees from fair trade co-operatives around the world. Fair Trade is an important way to support people of developing nations to make a fair living and become self-sustaining. Since 1988, they have helped create employment for impoverished craftspeople in over 40 producer groups in Africa, Asia and Latin America, providing an outlet where they can sell their goods for a fair price. An additional benefit is that Victorians with a conscience are offered a unique shopping experience.
Duties of volunteers:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for customers.
- Greet customers and provide them with information about Fair Trade and the Global Village Store
- Answer questions regarding the merchandise and the producers
- Assist customers in finding suitable products
- General tidying and cleaning (sweeping and dusting) in the store when required
- Operate the cash register to process sales, make change and handle cash
- Operate a debit machine to process sales
- Pricing stock
- Counting float
- Bank deposits
- Store opening and closing
- Answer the phone
The store is located at 527 Pandora Ave. in Market Square. For more information, please contact Suzann Albion at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-388-5591.