Broadmead Senior Care is looking for a Garden Club Volunteer. If you have a green thumb, come out and help residents grow beautiful flowers and tasty vegetables. Gardening gives residents an opportunity to engage their senses and feel a sense of accomplishment. If you are interested please contact Carson at 250-658-3205 or at [email protected].
The Burnside Gorge Community Centre Selkirk Waterfront Festival is coming up in May and they are looking for help.
Saturday, May 25
– Loading crew – loading the cargo van with supplies from the Community Centre to go to the festival site.
– Shifts are two hours each between 2 and 6 pm
Sunday, May 26
– Shifts are 3-4 hours long between 7 am and 5 pm.
– They have positions in a variety of areas including set-up crew, event photographers, volunteer check-in, stage assistants, food cafe crew, vendor market crew, Family Fun Zone helpers, garbage and recycling crew, take-down crew and more.
For more information or to apply please email [email protected] or call 250-388-5251.
The Bateman Foundation is looking for a Gallery of Nature Volunteer. The foundation is dedicated to helping people interpret and appreciate the natural world through the lens of art. Volunteers are vital in helping to educate and inspire the public about the plight of the natural world. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about our environment, and to share your love of learning and passion for our planet with visitors. Try a variety of volunteer positions every month on your own schedule! Volunteers are required, when able, to participate in at least three different types of volunteerism every month.
– After-hours special events (between 5 and 9 pm) – protect the artwork, help setup, and learn from a variety of events.
– Gallery Guide (docent) during open hours – orient visitors to the gallery, and help interpret and educate.
– Educational Aide – Help the outdoor and in-gallery educators with group management and delivering ideas to a variety of age groups.
– Virtual Reality Help – Run our VR experience (Bateman in 360) and discuss the experience with visitors in the context of our natural world and art.
– Outreach – Postering, outdoor events operation and spreading the world of the Bateman Foundation outside of the gallery.
For more information please contact Catherine at 250-940-3626 or [email protected].
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is looking for volunteers for their MS Walk. This year’s walk is on Sunday, May 26 at Cadboro Gyro Park. Join them for a fun and rewarding volunteer experience! Each year thousands of Canadians come together to fundraise and spread awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.
Available positions include:
– Rest Stop
– Check-in/ Registration
– Route Marshall
– Food Tent
– Kids Tent
– Cheer Squad
– Set-up and Takedown
– Parking Marshall
For more information or to apply contact Jenessa at 250-388-6496 Ext. 7326 or apply online (make sure you scroll down to the Victoria event!).