Once again, Habitat for Humanity is putting on the Gingerbread Showcase. These are no ordinary gingerbread houses! The event brings together professional and amateur bakers from Vancouver Island and highlights their creativity while supporting the work of Habitat Victoria.
They need Volunteer Ambassadors from November 18 to January 2. Various shifts are available. This year it is at the Parkside Hotel and Spa in downtown Victoria. All funds raised go to Habitat Victoria. Visit www.habitatvictoria.com/volunteer if you would like to get involved.
Join Surfrider Foundation Vancouver Island for their first city-wide beach cleanup.
They are hosting a beach cleanup on October 15 at 10 beaches, in partnership with the City of Victoria. The cleanup will start at 10 a.m. at each location. Each cleanup crew will collect, sort and load up the debris. Then everyone will meet at Clover Point at 12:30 to compile all the debris and take a group photo. There will be drinks and snacks provided at Clover Point for all volunteers. Don’t forget to bring your mug, spoon and bowl to the cleanup!
Meet at any of the following beaches:
– Cordova Bay Beach (meet at McMorran Park parking lot)
– Cadboro Bay Beach (meet on the grass in front of the main bathrooms)
– Willows Beach (meet on the pathway in front of the playground)
– Clover Point (Apres cleanup snacks meet at the grass in the centre of the parking circle)
– Ogden Point (meet at the Ogden Point Sundial near Pilot St. and Dallas Rd.)
– Upper Gorge (meet at 80 Regatta Landing in front of the Fresh Water Fisheries building)
– Lower Gorge (meet at 80 Regatta Landing in front of the Fresh Water Fisheries building)
– Lime Bay (meet in front of Spinnakers Brew Pub)
– McLoughlin Point (meet in the parking lot at Fleming Beach at the end of Lampson St.)
– Esquimalt Lagoon (meet at the parking near the bathrooms at the north side at Lagoon Rd. and Ocean Rd.)
This is a family-friendly event. They will provide as many gloves and buckets as possible. If you have a spare bucket or pair of gloves, please bring them. No need to RSVP. Just show up!
Early Music Society of the Islands (EMSI) is looking for a Green Room Volunteer to help at their concerts. They take place at 900 Pandora Ave. EMSI presents the full splendor of music from the Middle Ages to the 19th Century, performed in an authentic and engaging manner for a diverse range of music lovers.
The volunteer will assist in the preparation and/or cleanup of the green room provided for the guest musicians. The room contains light refreshments. Volunteers will be trained on the job, and the concerts are mainly on weekends. You need to be there one hour before each concert and/or 30 minutes after concert. This position is suitable for people 16 and older.
You can fill out an application form here. If you have questions please contact Judith at 250-391-9480.
The Burnside Gorge Community Association is hosting their annual Monster Mash Halloween Party on Saturday, October 28. They need volunteers for a variety of positions such as activity leaders, setting up, taking down, concession booth and helping with the photo booth. Check out the poster below for details. If you are interested, please call Travis at 250-388-5251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org