The Heights at Mt. View – Baptist Housing is looking for volunteers for their Music and Memory Program. Volunteers will assist program participants (all participants have dementia) in finding music they enjoy. You will also create and edit playlists for them and check in and monitor their responses to different music. Volunteers will also assist in increasing the iTunes music library.
They are looking for a time commitment of two hours weekly/bi-weekly. Please contact Brendan at [email protected] or 250-208-8874.
The Maritime Museum of B.C. is looking for volunteers year round. Some opportunities include:
Visitor Welcome/Gift Shop
The Museum Society Office has positions open for volunteers to help with their ongoing weekly schedule throughout the year.
– Both weekday and weekend positions are available
– Museum knowledge and /or an interest in maritime history an asset, but not essential
– Outgoing visitor service skills an asset
– Good telephone manner
– Operate a cash register and point of sale experience
Volunteer openings to facilitate maritime related craft workshops. They run twice per month on Saturdays, and are two hours of volunteering. Some workshops include:
– Nautical Knot Tying Workshop – mariners knots, knots for kids, seasonal wreath workshop
– Sea Glass Jewelry Workshop
– Shell and Driftwood Mobiles
Volunteer openings in facilitating various activities including:
– Storytelling – once a month
– Movie night – once a month
– Music and poetry presentations
Please contact Jillan Valpy at (250) 385-4222 ext. 113 or [email protected].
Living Edge is an organization in Victoria that prepares meals for community members in need. They serve the dinners on Sunday evenings each week.
Dinner set up and Service:
On Sunday afternoon and early evening they need help setting up for dinner and serving. Interested applicants should email [email protected] or call 250-598-2446 for more information.