The Victoria Film Festival is looking for help for their 2017 season. The festival runs February 3-12.
They need help being an event photographer or a box office clerk, and also at theatre venues (The Vic Theatre, Parkside Hotel, Silver City Tillicum, Sidney Star Cinema, Odeon, Capitol 6). You get five free Festival film passes and a T-shirt for 15 hours of volunteering !
The Art Gallery of Greater Victoria has long-term opportunities in many areas. The AGGV recognizes the commitment and expertise from each of their volunteers as one of the most valuable assets to their organization.
They have more than 300 volunteers who work together with their staff as gallery shop assistants, docents, and special event hosts. If you are keen on learning and love art, they are eager to hear from you!
For more information visit http://aggv.ca/support/volunteering.
Marrion Village and Shannon Oaks are looking for patient, friendly people to teach senior residents basic computer skills such as Facebook, Skype, email and online banking. Learning these basic computer skills will give residents opportunities to connect and keep up with family members who do not live in Victoria. It will allow those with mobility issues to accomplish tasks like banking from home.
They are looking for helpers weekly or twice a month. The dates and times are very flexible to fit within your schedule.
For more information about volunteering at Marrion Village please email Maria at email@example.com.
For more information about volunteering at Shannon Oaks please email Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Blood Services is looking for volunteers for Blood Donor Clinics. They need people to be responsible for creating a positive, welcoming and comfortable donor experience that promotes donor satisfaction and retention at all Canadian Blood Services donor clinics.
Visit the website to see some of the current opportunities including helping with pre-donation, front of clinic, and the hospitality area.
- Suitable skills and experiences for the position
- Read and sign applicable registration forms
- Completion of Volunteer Orientation and Training
- Review of Volunteer Program Policies and Procedures
Skills, Abilities, Traits
- Able to communicate information in a clear and organized manner
- Friendly, outgoing
- Excellent conversation skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to relate to different personalities and age groups in a variety of situations
- Able to observe and react appropriately to adverse situations
- Professional in manner and appearance
- Reliable and punctual
- Reflect the values and mission of Canadian Blood Services
The Global Village Store is a non-profit, volunteer-operated gift shop selling beautiful hand-made crafts, teas and coffees from fair trade co-operatives around the world. They believe that Fair Trade is an important way to support people of developing nations to make a fair living and become self-sustaining. Since 1988, the Store has helped create employment for impoverished craftspeople in over 40 producer groups in Africa, Asia and Latin America, providing an outlet where they can sell their goods for a fair price. An additional benefit is that Victorians with a conscience are offered a unique shopping experience. They are looking for sales representatives.
Duties of sale representatives
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for customers
- Greet customers and provide them with information about Fair Trade and the Global Village Store
- Answer questions regarding the merchandise and the producers
- Assist customers in finding suitable products
- General tidying and cleaning (sweeping and dusting) in the store when required
- Stock shelves
- Operate the cash register to process sales, make change and handle cash
- Operate a debit machine to process sales
- Pricing stock
- Counting float
- Bank deposits
- Store opening and closing
- Answer the phone
For more information or to apply, please contact Suzann at email@example.com or 250-388-5591.