The District of Saanich had a variety of spring break camps running and they need helpers. They are looking for volunteers to commit to a whole week. (If you can only do a few days you will be put on a wait list.)
Camps run either March 14-18th or March 21-25th. All camps include some swimming. Some themes include:
Painting Drawing & Creative Drama Camp
Spring Break Camp
Water Fun Camp
Art Salad Camp
Upcycle Art Camp
The key expectations of volunteers are:
- Report to the program instructor.
- Set up pool equipment prior to the kids getting in the pool.
- Be comfortable in the pool and able to supervise up to 5 children in the water within arm’s reach.
- Initiate play with the children.
- Maintain a fun and safe environment.
- Establish a fair play atmosphere.
- Other related duties as required.
They are looking for friendly volunteers who use their initiative. Of course you must love working with children and being in the water. You need to be personable, responsible, flexible and follow directions well.
We also expect:
- Volunteer must be at least 16 years old.
- One month’s experience working with children in a related setting.
- Satisfactory Police Information Check. (done in-house at your orientation).
- Satisfactory completion of Child Protection Training (done in-house once you’ve been accepted in this position).
- ALL volunteers MUST have reached an intermediate level of English, as per the definition at www.londonschool.com/level-scale.
- You will need your own swim suit, towel and deck shoes. Women must wear a one piece swim suit. Men must wear board type swim trunks.
- Give back to your community
- Enhance your career
- Have fun!
- Wear your Saanich Recreation t-shirt proudly
- Receive passes to Saanich Recreation Centres
- And more!
For more information contact Laesha Berry (250-475-5502) or email her at:
Or register online at:
Under Department on the left hand side, choose
District of Saanich – 1. Gordon Head Recreation Center . Scroll to bottom for the spring break camps.