Last year over 2,600 children from Vancouver Island were treated at BC Children’s Hospital and over 84,000 from BC and the Yukon. The Victoria Festival of Trees raises over $100,000 each year to support research, purchase life-saving equipment, and fund the urgent needs of the hospital. To make the magic of the festival a reality, they rely heavily on the support of dedicated volunteers. If you are looking for a fun way to get involved and give back this holiday season, join the take-down team!
• January 5, 2016 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (or a portion of)
• The Bay Centre – 1150 Douglas St, Victoria, BC
• There are many positions available such as:
• Tree “un-decorators”
• Tree movers
• Tree wrappers
• Cleaning up
• Signage removal
• Please mention if you are not physically capable of disassembling, or moving artificial trees
• Light & comfortable clothing
• Gardening/work gloves are recommended
• Knowing that you are helping spread joy to thousands of visitors and BC kids!
• Snacks & drinks provided
Eve Millington at firstname.lastname@example.org