Are you curious about indigenous culture and history? Do you have a passion for development and advocacy? Are you interested in developing your leadership skills through a boots-on-the-ground experience in Canada’s final frontier? Then the AYAC is for you!
At the Caucus, students will join with their Northern peers to learn more about this region of Canada and work on finding innovative solutions to some of the pressing challenges the North faces. At the Caucus, students will:
• Engage in Roundtables on Northern issues such as Food Security, Health Care, Environment and Education;
• Meet with the Elders to learn about the rich history of Nunavut;
• Learn about Northern culture from their peers;
• Discover the rich culture and sights of Iqaluit as they work in teams to compete in the Amazing Race: Iqaluit;
• Share unique experiences with new friends from Coast, to Coast, to Coast.
For more information and to apply for this Global Vision opportunity, please visit http://www.globalvision.ca/ayac . If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call on the national toll free line: 888.829.2838