The Oaklands Market is a free weekly outdoor market that runs every Wednesday from June to September offering local fresh food, live music, community events and a chance to meet your neighbours. The Market is hosted at the Oaklands Community Centre at 1-2827 Belmont Ave in Victoria. Since its beginning in 2012, the market has grown in size and frequency and now includes up to 50 vendors representing fresh produce, prepared food, hot food, arts and crafts, local non-profits and small businesses.
Oaklands Sunset Market would not be possible without awesome volunteers, so join the team!
- Set up and set down market equipment: tables, tents, chairs, tents, water station, etc.
- Welcome Committee: help vendors unload their goods to set up their stalls
- Kids Activities: educate kids and adults about seasonal produce, assist with farm related crafts, scavenger hunts and Kids Vendor Day
- Stage Management & Sound equipment: assist with stage management, equipment set up and coordinating musicians.
- Ticket Sales: cover staff breaks at ticket sales table
- Establish pedestrian-safe market zones
- Keep food scraps out of the landfill
- Promote special events
Mandatory orientation for all volunteers will be taking place June 17th at 6-9pm at Oaklands Community Centre.
Commitment of min 4 hours on markets Wednesdays is also required (shifts are usually 2pm-6pm or 5-9pm).
Sign up by emailing [email protected] or by calling 250-370-9101.