Volunteers are required to take the Compost Educator Program (CEP), which will provide the necessary knowledge for helping the Compost Education Centre to spread the word on composting! The CEP includes 10 hours of classroom, practical, and hands-on instruction. It is spread over the course of two Saturdays. The next session will take place on Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 10am-3pm and Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 10am-3pm.
Space is limited to 15 participants per session, with one session offered each year, generally in early spring. The cost is $50.
To reserve your space in the class, email Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call the Centre at 250-386-9676
- Sustainable Systems Site tour
- Centre services & staff orientation
- Composting systems & methods
- Compost pile maintenance & troubleshooting
- Worm-bins & indoor composting
- Answers for the public’s Compost FAQ
- Hot compost pile building
- Community educational outreach skills
- Intro to permaculture principles & application
- Organic gardening & soil building
- A potluck lunch & social!
Following the training course, volunteers can lend their skills to the Centre as community educators and site volunteers!
Visit the website at http://compost.bc.ca/get-involved/volunteer/