What Can Volunteers Do?
- Side Walker: Assisting riders with balancing and interpreting instructor directions.
- Horse Handler: Leading horses during lessons. Previous horse experience and assessment required.
- Club House Host: Greeting riders and volunteers, directing inquiries, general duties as required.
- Fundraising: Assisting the board before and during events.
- Tack Store Staff: Opening the tack store, selling tack. Knowledge of tack an asset.
- Assistant Instructor: Previous experience in program and with horses an asset.
- Assisting with building projects.
- High school students
- University and College students wanting to fulfill their need for community hours
- People who have a few hours a week to spare and want to contribute their time
If you are 16 years of age or older, have a clean criminal record check and are able to travel out to their barn in Central Saanich for a few hours a week, please send us a quick email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Their Coordinator of Volunteers will contact you.