It’s not just a job, it’s a starting point. So we’re looking for enthusiastic grade 11 and 12 students to join our Coast Community Youth Team. If you’re interested in gaining paid, on the job experience by working in one of our branches and the community, we’d love to meet you.
Students entering grade 11 or 12 in September 2014 and living in Surrey, North Delta, Richmond or Victoria are encouraged to apply. Community service and volunteer experience are great assets.
How to apply
The link to our application for the 2014/2015 Youth Team goes live on February 28, 2014 at 4p.m. In addition to answering a few questions on the application, you’ll also need to include:
- A cover letter
- 2 written references (this could be from a teacher, career counselor, or current employer)
- A copy of your most recent report card or current transcript
The recruitment period will run from Friday, February 28 at 4pm to Monday, March 31 at 4pm.
What does the Youth Team do?
The position starts July 1, 2014 and ends July 1, 2015. As a paid member of our Youth Team, you’ll work as a Service Pro (you may know them as “tellers”) in one of our branches, processing daily customer transactions and handling customer inquiries. Your hours will be part-time during the school year and full-time in the summer for one full year.
What’s in it for me?
You will also:
- represent Coast Capital Savings at community events
- initiate a community volunteer project
- take part in a team-building camp
And who knows, you may just end up in a whale costume.
You won’t just be earning money; you’ll be gaining these valuable skills that will get you ahead in life and in your career:
- Leadership and team work
- Professionalism and time management
- Community awareness
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service and financial literacy