The Canadian Cancer Society is looking for a “Health Promotion Election – Street Team Volunteer” for March, April and May.
The purpose of this role is to support the Canadian Cancer Society’s provincial election campaign and to increase awareness and support of the Canadian Cancer Society’s advocacy initiatives with MLAs, election candidates and voters.
- Sign up for a minimum of 3 community street team shifts (weekends or weekdays & indoors or outdoors available)
- On designated street corners, business locations, or shopping malls
-Actively engage and encourage the public to support our provincial election priorities
-During April, Daffodil month, in collaboration with our Daffodil street team volunteers actively engage and encourage the public to give donations in exchange for pins and flowers
- Share the Canadian Cancer Society mission with the public – Support, Prevention, Research
Volunteers need to be:
- Energetic and outgoing
- Able to motivate others
- Reliable and dependable
- Comfortable communicating the Society’s position on cancer related issues and election priorities to members of the public
- Interest in public policy and public advocacy (an asset)
Training is provided. For more information or to apply please contact Nancy Falconer, Health Promotion Coordinator [email protected] 250-888-3022.