Volunteers are needed to help with a day camp taking place at the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre. Children enjoy five days of sport and art: half a day practising, playing and learning tennis, badminton and other sports and half a day drawing, painting and sculpting in the new Arts Centre at Cedar Hill Recreation Centre.
The camps run Monday to Friday 8:15am – 4:15pm the week of July 18-22, August 8-12,and August 22-26.
They are looking for volunteers to help with the art component of the program. If you want to gain experience working with children aged 6 to 12 years and are interested in art then this opportunity will be perfect for you.
As a volunteer, you will be there to support the instructor, Daysi Tattersall, who is an experienced community artist with lots of years of experience leading similar community arts programs. You will be able to learn from her as you help the kids through their fun week at camp.
The volunteer will be expected to:
• Assist with setting out and organizing art supplies
• Directly help children with their art projects
• Other related duties
The volunteer must also:
• Have an interest in young children and the arts
• Be flexible
• Have transportation to and from Cedar Hill Recreation Centre at 3220 Cedar Hill Road
• Be able to volunteer for all five days of the camp
• Complete a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Complete Child Protection Training (provided)
For more information or to apply for this position contact Laesha Berry at 250-475-5502 or email her at email@example.com