by Shae and Devon
When the Grade 2 class made Ukrainian eggs, we had to use a tool called a kistka. We put beeswax in the kistkas and then put the kistka in the candle, and that melted the wax. We wrote and drew with the melted wax on the egg. Then we dipped the eggs in different coloured dyes. All the places that we wanted to stay that colour, we coloured in using the kistka. Our first eggs weren’t our best but our last ones are really good. We are going to make eggs with our moms and dads, because we are having workshops to teach our parents how to do Ukrainian eggs.
How to Make Boiled Egg Bunnies
You will need:
- Shelled, hard-boiled eggs
- A carrot, Cut in thin slices diagonally, then cut the slices in half the long way.
- Cauliflower bits
- Lettuce leaves
- Tiny bits of celery, pepper, or other vegetables for the eyes
How to make it:
- Put a lettuce leaf on a plate.
- Cut the eggs in half the long way, and put the cut side down on the lettuce.
- Stick in two carrot slices near the pointy part of the egg, for ears.
- Put a piece of cauliflower down for the tail.
- Carefully stick on little pieces of vegetables for the eyes.
- Scatter the raisins behind the bunny.