The YMCA-YWCA is looking for volunteers to help with their children’s programs. The volunteer in this position will assist staff during programs, set up and take down equipment and will monitor program spaces for safety. The volunteer in this position will help to create and maintain a welcoming, friendly, and respectful environment for the participants.
The Children’s Program Volunteer will be based at the Downtown YMCA-YWCA facility, and should be available on Saturdays between 9:45am – 2:15pm for a 2-3hr shift. The successful candidate for this position will work as a part of a staff/volunteer team.
• To monitor the program areas while creating a safe, welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
• To maintain attendance statistics.
• To lead age appropriate games/activities as necessary.
• To ensure excellent customer services is provided.
• To maintain and develop relationships with members, participants, staff and other volunteers within the YMCA-YWCA.
• Experience in leading activities for children ages 3 to 9 years.
• Reliable and dependable.
• Clear Criminal Reference Check with vulnerable sector screening is required.
• Standard First Aid and CPR-C is required.
• Experience in dance or gymnastics is preferred.
Applications available online (click here) or on their website www.victoriay.com
Please forward applications to:
Recreation and Sports Coordinator
851 Broughton Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1E5
Fax: (250) 380-1933