The YMCA is looking for a Children’s Program Volunteer. There are 3 positions open, and the program runs over the summer, so you need to be available in July and August.
The volunteer in this position will assist staff during programs, set up and take down equipment and monitor program spaces for safety. The volunteer in this position will help to create and maintain a welcoming, friendly, and respectful environment which affirms and promotes the dignity of people with diverse backgrounds, and needs; does not tolerate abusive behavior and reinforces socially responsible behavior.
The Children’s Program Volunteer(s) will be based at the Downtown YMCA-YWCA facility, and should be available on Saturdays between 9:45am – 2:15pm for a 2-3hr shift. The successful candidate for this position will work as a part of a staff/volunteer team.
- To monitor the program areas while creating a safe, welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
- To maintain attendance statistics.
- To lead age appropriate games/activities as necessary.
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided.
- To maintain and develop relationships with members, participants, staff and other volunteers within the YMCA-YWCA.
- Experience in leading activities for children ages 3 to 9 years.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Clear Criminal Reference Check with vulnerable sector screening is required.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C is required.
- Experience in dance, or gymnastics is preferred.
There are application forms in the Service Office. Stop by, or email Mrs. Parker if you are interested, or you can contact the YMCA Recreation and Sports Coordinator, Stephanie Yates at [email protected]