There are a number of events organized by the University Counselling Department this month. There will be annoucements to keep you in the loop but here is an overview of what’s happening:
- Thursday, Apr 8: Parent Information Evening at 7pm in the Crothall Lecture Theatre. There will be information on course selection and on the university application process.
- Friday, Apr 9: 24 grade 11 and 12 students will be doing a tour of UBC, including visits to the Sauder Business building and the Engineering department
- Thursday, Apr 15: Career Information Evening for Students, 7pm start in the Crothall Lecture Theatre. A diverse array of speakers, many of whom are alumni of the school, will be on hand to present in small sessions.
- Tuesday, April 27: District Scholarship Award evening. Come and see a fantastic display/demonstration of the achievements of students from independent schools in the lower island in areas as fine arts, leadership, and athletics.
In addition to these events, there are also post-secondary information sessions/university visits available to you:
- Thursday, Apr 8: University of Calgary in CR 123 at lunch
- Monday, Apr 12: Royal Veterinary College (UK) in CR 123 at lunch
- Tuesday, Apr 27: Queen’s University evening (open to all Victoria area students and families) 7-9pm in the Crothall Lecture Theatre
- Thursday, Apr 29: Camosun College Open House 2010, Interurban Campus, 8:30-3:00
We hope to see many of you at some or all of these events!